Stay safe from SPOOKY laundry detergent ingredients. These ingredients are known to cause skin, eye, and lung irritations as well as tear down the microfibers in your clothes leaving more lint in your dryer and your laundry worn down.
- Surfactants - These ‘surface active agents,’ are chemical compounds that decrease surface tension between two liquids. They are known to cause irritations and flare up autoimmune reactions. 
- Phthalates - Phthalates are added to keep scents lasting longer and have been linked to cause hormonal imbalances and be endocrine disruptors. Some manufacturers continue to hide phthalates in their products by simply labeling them as “fragrance”. 
- 1,4-Dioxane - This forever chemical is a known carcinogen and could have gotten into your detergent as a residual from the manufacturing process. The EPA has classified 1,4-Dioxane as a known human carcinogen. The state of New York is one of the first to ban consumer cleaning products like laundry detergent that contain too much of it, requiring household cleaners to include no more than 2 PPM. 
- Bleach - Irritating eyes and lungs, bleach can also cause autoimmune responses and allergic reactions. This chemical could simply be hiding as “sodium hypochlorite” or “optical brightener” on the label. 
- Nonylphenol ethoxylate (NPEs) - Banned in the European Union (EU) and Canada are commonly found in American laundry detergents. NPEs break down in the environment and are extremely toxic to wildlife and humans. They pose a direct threat to the health of the developing fetus and young children. They are also a known endocrine disruptor. 
- Formaldehyde - Can be an effective antibacterial agent, but can also irritate the eyes, lungs & respiratory system. It is a known carcinogen and can be found in laundry detergent as a chemical contaminant. 
- Phosphates - A mineral substance that can cause skin and eye irritation as well as contribute to water pollution. Exposure to phosphates is directly linked to cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, and even death. Runoff from phosphates has been known to kill native marine animal species. 
The Smart Laundry System uses only TWO ingredients: WATER & OXYGEN. When combined inside the unit they create O3 or enhanced oxygen that becomes a natural oxidizing agent. O3 breaks down dirt, odor, bacteria, mold, mildew and more by destroying the cell wall and attacking it at the source. It eventually reverts back into water after about 5 minutes creating a toxic free environment.
Switch to the Smart Laundry System and stay SAFE from toxic, harsh chemicals and carcinogens.
 7 Common Toxins Found in Laundry Detergent. ECOS.
 How Toxic Is Your Laundry Detergent? Orangebag.
 NY State Bans Laundry Detergents Containing Probable Carcinogen. Dioxane-Free Brand Ingredients Matter Shares Results of Study. Yahoo! Finance. January 17, 2023.
 8 laundry detergent ingredients to avoid. ATTITUDE. January 19, 2023.
 Ahmed, Aisha. “Breaking Down” Surfactants: What they are, how they work, and their role in the pandemic. Dispersa. September 25, 2020.
 Andrew. 11 Harmful Ingredients Found in Laundry Detergent. Molly’s Suds. January 18, 2021.